Saturday, August 1, 2015

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Splash"


Hi guys and happy August!  Now that August is here I have finally caught up on all my back logged posts from while I was on vacation!  So without any further ado today's nail polish is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Splash."

"Splash" is a blue and white glitter in a clear base coat.  Formula wise there is too much clear polish and not enough glitter which made it a bit difficult to apply.  However I love the multi-shaded blues paired with white glitter.  Since the nail polish has a clear base I decided to try it out over several creme polishes.  Here's how they turned out:


As with most of my glitters I tested "Splash" over Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "White On" which is of course a white polish.  This combo is pretty good but I did have a hard time getting the polish to dry, even with a quick dying topcoat.


The second combination I tried was "Splash" over Julie G's "Gelato In Venice." which is a mint green color.  This is a nice combination and the mint made the blue glitter pop!

If you want to know more about Julie G's "Gelato In Venice" here is a post from last month: http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2015/07/julie-g-gelato-in-venice.html


The last combination I tried was Sally Hansen's "Splash" over Orly's "Snowcone."  This combinations screams the beach and waves!  (It's the perfect combo for Summer!)

If you want to know more about "Snowcone" check out my post from last month: http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2015/07/orly-snowcone.html

Overall I am quite pleased with Sally Hansen's "Splash."  The glitter is a tiny bit difficult to apply but it looks great over a variety of different colored base polishes.  I will definitely wear this again and again!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment