Friday, January 13, 2017

Ciaté "Check Mate"


Hi everyone!  I'd say happy Friday, but it is Friday the 13th so everything has been a little Twilight Zone here.  Today's nail polish is Ciaté's "Check Mate."  This nail polish came as part of Ciaté's annual advent calendar.  "Check Mate" was part of the 2015 set that looks like this:


"Check Mate" is a fun black and white chunky glitter in a clear base.  Formula wise this nail polish was watery and it was difficult to get the glitter to stick on to my nails.  Like many glitters "Check Mate" is not meant to be worn on its own so I decided to test it out over some opaque nail polishes.


The first nail polish I decided to test out with "Check Mate" was Zoya's "Shawn."  This combination was okay but the black glitter almost blended into the green polish so it really just looked like whit glitter on green polish.  This was definitely not my favorite combination.


The second nail polish I decided to test out with "Check Mate" was Finger Paints "Film Noir."  This combinations was the most disappointing of all the combinations I tried because you could not see any of the black glitter and I couldn't get enough white glitter on my nails.


The third polish I decided to test out with "Check Mate" was Nuance's "Honey Blossom."  This combination was pretty and very girly.  I really liked this combination and would wear it again!

Overall I am pleased with Ciaté's "Check Mate."  The black and white glitter looks good on a variety of opaque colored polishes however the clear base was a pain to work with.  Despite the clear base I would wear this nail polish again and can't wait to try it out with other colored polishes!

If you want to know more about some of the polishes above check out my posts about Zoya's "Shawn",  Finger Paints "Film Noir", and  Nuance's "Honey Blossom".

Be sure to follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with all the nail polish-y fun!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment