Saturday, January 21, 2017

Nail Art: Monogram Nails!


Hi guys!  I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!  It has been a while since I have done a nail art so I decided today was the day to change that!  We have a saying in the South "If it ain't moving monogram it!"  So that's exactly what I have done with my nails today!

Maybelline's "Coral Crush" and Nocibé's "Chaud Cacao"

I love having everything monogrammed (and I do mean everything - from beach towels to cars I've had it monogrammed!)  The hardest part of this nail art for me was picking out colors!  I could think of so many great combinations but I settled on the classic pink and brown combo!  The nail polishes are Nocibé's "Chaud Cacao" as the base and Maybelline's "Coral Crush."  To create the letters and the polka dots I used a nail dotting tool I purchased on Amazon.  I also added in a nail gem which I got from a set from a store called Francesca's.


To complete this nail art I needed some basic supplies.  The supplies are pictured above and it includes various sizes of dotting tools as well as the pack of nail gems from Francesca's.

Overall it was harder than I thought to create letters using dotting tools.  I initially planned on putting my monogram on all of my nails but I settle for the accent nail (ring finger) for the monogram and polka dots on the other 8 fingers.  However I think the nail art turned out cute enough - though next time I might look into actual decals for the letters.

If you want to know more about Maybelline's "Coral Crush" or Nocibe's "Chaud Cacao" check out my post from previous years!

Be sure to follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to see this nail art as well as all the other nail polish-y fun!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment