Friday, December 1, 2017

Jamberry Wraps: Siesta


Hi everyone!  Today I've decided to try something new - Jamberry nail wraps!  Usually I stick to nail polish and occasionally freehand a design but I've been itching to try out wraps for a while.  I know several people who sell the wraps so I ordered a few pairs.  Today's set is called "Siesta" and it is probably a retired print as I have had it for a few years now.  Here's how it looked in the package:


I opened up the package and then had to narrow down which sized ones would work best for my nails.  They provide quite a variety of sizes:


Thankfully the package provides directions for application!  (Otherwise I'd have been completely lost!)  The directions read:

          1. Push back cuticles and clean nails with rubbing alcohol.
          2. Match nail to correct sized wrap.
          3. Peel wrap off and heat the adhesive side up with mini-heater or hair dryer for 3 - 5 seconds
              until soft and flexible.
          4. Press wrap on nail.  Apply firm pressure around edges to adhere wrap to nail.  Use rubber
              cuticle pusher to seal the wrap around the base of the cuticle.
          5. Remove excess wrap with scissors and file off the excess wrap by using a downward motion.
          6. Apply heat and pressure to the wrap again until it is bonded to the nail.

I used a hair dryer, which is a miracle because I despise the noise it makes.  The steps are fairly clear and it seemed to work well enough until I went to file the excess off the end of my nails.  It was impossible to file or get a smooth edge and it never felt sealed on my nail.  In fact I gave up doing the rest of my nails with the wraps and made it an accent nail.  The colored polish I used was China Glaze's "Seas The Day."


To remove the wraps you simply use your nail to life the edge up breaking the seal and then soak in nail polish remover for 20 - 30 second until you can gentle peel the wrap off.  The wrap removed very easily and didn't leave any damage to my nail, which was nice after the struggle of applying it.

If you want to know more about China Glaze's "Seas The Day" check out my post from earlier this year!

Overall I have mixed feelings about my first attempt using Jamberry Wraps.  I love the designs because they are very detailed artwork that I could never properly recreate with polish, but the application was painfully difficult.  I am undecided on whether or not I would give the wraps another go.  Leave any tips in the comments below!

Be sure to follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with all the fun!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment