Saturday, December 16, 2017

Bundle Monster Plate XL156: Plaid Nails


Hi everyone!  If you follow along you know that this year I have been trying out stamping plates and really enjoying it.  But I had not tried reverse stamping yet.  So I decided to use Bundle Monster Color's Plate XL156 to create some simple reverse stamped plaid nails.


Above is the Bundle Monster plate I used, which was sold earlier this year with proceeded benefiting the Manchester bombing.  (I was more than pleased to pick up this plate and help support the victims of such a horrific tragedy.)  Next I needed to pick out some colors to create the look with.  I selected:

Sinful Colors "V. I. Peach", Bundle Monster Color's "Straight Up Black" and OPI's "Love Athletes In Cleats."

First I painted my nails with two coats of Sinful Colors "V. I. Peach" for a nice easy base.  next I used Bundle Monster Color's "Straight Up Black" to stamp with.  Before stamping in my fingers I used a dotting tool (purchased on Amazon) to add the red accent with OPI's "Love Athletes In Cleats."  Here how it looked before I stamped it on my nails:


Overall I learned that revers stamping is not nearly as easy as it looks and that I need a lot more practice.  That being said I think this look is super cute and with a little work I could make it look cleaner.  I am very excited to try out some more reverse stamping looks.  (And any helpful hints are welcome!)

If you want to know more about Sinful Colors "V. I. Peach" or OPI's "Love Athletes In Cleats" check out my posts from earlier this year!

Be sure to also follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12.

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment