Friday, June 7, 2019

National Donut Day Nail Art


Hello everyone and happy Fri-YAY!  Today is National Donut Day - and as I love donuts I couldn't resist celebrating with some themed freehand nail art!  First I picked out the nail polishes:

Disney for Target's "White," OPI's "You're So Vain-illa," OPI's "Suzi Loves Cowboys," OPI"s "Lima Tell You About This Color!," China Glaze's "Splish Splash," China Glaze's "Lime After Lime" and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Daisy Dukes."

Next I applied two coats of Disney for Target's "White" as the base coat.  My nails looked like this - all ready for some gorgeous looking nail art:


The next step was to use OPI's "Your So Vain-illa" as the base of the donuts.  I used a brush tool from Maniology to create the design:


Then it was time to add strawberry and chocolate frosting to the donuts.  I used OPI's "Suzi Loves Cowboys" and OPI's "Lima Tell You About this Color!" for the frosting.  Then my nails looked like this:


Next up was to add the sprinkles using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Daisy Dukes," Chins Glaze's "Lime After Lime" and China Glaze's "Splash Splash."  The sprinkles added the final touch.  Here's how the donuts looked up close:


If you want to know more about Disney for Target's "White"OPI's "You're So Vain-illa"OPI's "Suzi Loves Cowboys"China Glaze's "Lime After Lime" or China Glaze's "Splish Splash" check out some of my previous posts.

Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed National Donut Day 2019!  I had some donuts at work today and everyone enjoyed my ode to one of my favorite treats!  Did you celebrate with donuts today?

Make sure you don't miss out on any of the nail polish fun by following the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12.

No comments:

Post a Comment