Friday, February 27, 2015

Sephora Formula X "Over The Moon"


Hi guys and happy Friday!  Today I decided to test out Formula X for Sephora's "Over The Moon" which is a pearlescent micro glitter polish.  "Over The Moon" is most obviously a top coat that was made to go over more opaque polishes.  So I decided to test it out over several different polishes!

So first off "Over The Moon" has a great formula that is very easy to apply and leaves a nice even coating of glitter without any excess work.  The only thing I noticed was that "Over The Moon" did show up better on some colors than other.  However you can build up "Over The Moon" by applying multiple coats.  Okay on to the nail polishes I tried out.

Alright I just thought I would go ahead and tell you how I apply my polish here instead of below with each individual polish (unless otherwise stated.)  I apply a base coat, I use Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "Invisible," then two coats of colored nail polish, followed by one coat of Formula X for Sephora's "Over The Moon," and last but not least I finish with a quick drying topcoat, I use Orly's "Sec'N'Dry."


The first nail polish I tried out was Essie's "Chills & Thrills" which is a bright blue nail polish with a hint of purple in it.  (Also known as a blurple.)  The combination of Formula X's "Over The Moon" on top of Essie's "Chills & Thrills" created a very fun wintery look that reminds me of ice.  I really like this look!

If you want to know more about Essie's "Chills & Thrills" check out this post from last month:  http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2015/01/essie-chills-thrills.html


The second polish I decided to try out was Ciaté's "Main Stage" which is this gorgeous berry color.  "Main Stage" and "Over The Moon" look lovely together and would make great nails for Thanksgiving or Chirstmastime when you want a little sparkle and shimmer!

If you want to know more about Ciaté's "Main Stage" check out my post from last August:  http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2014/08/ciate-main-stage.html


The third nail polish I tried out is Sinful Colors' "Just A Pinch" which is a fun pale green nail polish.  I must admit that this was the most disappointing of all the polish I tried out with Formula X's "Over The Moon" because even in broad day light you could hardly see any shimmer.

If you want to know more about Sinful Colors' "Just A Pinch" here is a post from last Summer:  http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2014/07/sinful-colors-just-pinch.html


The fourth polish I tried was China Glaze's "Queen B" which is a fun dark blue color with a hint of purple.  It is literally so pretty!  "Over The Moon" makes "Queen B" look even better because the shimmer in "Over The Moon" has a hint of purple in it.  This is definitely my favorite combination with "Over The Moon" that I have tried so far.

If you want to know more about China Glaze's "Queen B" here is a post from last September:  http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2014/09/china-glaze-queen-b.html


The fifth polish I tried was Rimmel London's "Too Cool Too Tango" which is a lovely sky blue nail polish.  I absolutely love this combination of sky blue and the shimmer of "Over The Moon."  I will definitely be wearing this combination again and again!

If you want to know more about "Too Cool Too Tango" check out my post from earlier this month:  http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2015/02/rimmel-london-too-cool-to-tango.html


The sixth and final nail polish I tried out with "Over The Moon" is OPI's "I Can Teal You Like Me" which was part of their special "sheer tints" collection.  Unlike the above nail polishes I decided to create a jelly sandwich, which is two coats of "I Can Teal You Like Me," followed by one coat of "Over The Moon" and then finishing it off with another coat of "I Can Teal You Like Me."  I think the combination turned out really well and will make for fun Summer nails!


Also I just wanted to mention that last year I did a fun Pocahontas nail art and I used Formula X for Sephora's "Over The Moon" as part of the nail art.

You can check out the nail art here: http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2014/05/disneys-pocahontas-nail-art.html

Overall I really love Sephora Formula X's "Over The Moon."  It is very easy to apply and looks good with most any nail polish!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment