Friday, August 31, 2018

Mermaid Nails


Hi guys and hello Fri-YAY!  Welcome to the weekend!  Today's nail polish is actually some mermaid nail art featuring my first attempt at using vinyls!  I purchased these vinyls on Bundle Monster's website (now Maniology) and they look like this:


Next I needed to select some nail polish to create this design!  I selected Bundle Monster Color's "Peridot", Wet N' Wild's "Black Creme" and Sephora Formula X's "Kaleidoscope."


First off I decided to stick with an accent nail because I work in a strict office setting that doesn't usually allow nail art so I needed to be able to add an accent nail for the weekend that could be removed for a more traditional nail come Monday.  (I wore these last weekend.)  I started by painting my ring finger with two coats of Wet N' Wild's "Black Creme" and the other fingers with Bundle Monster Color's "Peridot."  My nails looked like this:


Next I placed the vinyl on to my ring finger:


I followed this up by several coats of Sephora Formula X's "Kaleidoscope" to create the mermaid's scales.  I peeled off the vinyl, applied Orly's "Sec'N'Dry" as my quick drying top coat and had this gorgeous final look:


If you want to know more about Wet N' Wild's "Black Creme" check out my post from earlier this year!

Overall I am really happy with how this look turned out!  (Especially for a first attempt!)  The vinyls were super easy to use and gave me a look that wouldn't have been able to create any other way - at least not as easily.  I cannot wait to try out other vinyls!

Make sure you follow the blog on Instagram @PerfPolsihed12 to keep up with all the fun!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment