Saturday, February 25, 2017

Nail Trick: Using a Sponge to Apply Glitter


Hi everyone!  Today's extra special unscheduled post is all about applying glitter nail polish.  Like everyone else I have struggled to get chunky glitter polishes to go on my nails in an even coat.  After looking around online in the nail polish community I saw a lot of people talking about using disposable make-up sponges to apply glitter in a thick even coat that actually covered the entire nail. So I couldn't resist giving this technique a try.  I decided to select four different glitter polishes to see how well it worked.  Here are the polishes I selected:

Deborah Lippmann's "Happy Birthday" - Nicole by OPI's "Inner Sparkle" - Color Pop's "Extra! Extra - Hard Candy's "Pop Star"

The four glitter nail polishes I picked out are Deborah Lippmann's "Happy Birthday," Nicole by OPI's "Inner Sparkle," Color Pop's "Extra! Extra!," and Hard Candy's "Pop Star."  I went with a rang of different shaped glitters and glitters in different price ranges.  I figured that would give me the best chance to see how this tip works.  I found the technique worked very well because the sponge soak up the excess clear base and it made me wonder why I had not tired this before!  As for the glitter's shape and size I found the polishes with similar sized and shaped glitter worked bed.  (I.E. Deborah Lippmann's "Happy Birthday" and Nicole by OPI's "Inner Sparkle."

Overall I am very pleased with this technique and I'll definitely be using it in the future to create some fun glittery looks!

If you want to know more about Deborah Lippmann's "Happy Birthday"Nicole by OPI's "Inner Sparkle", or Hard Candy's "Pop Star" check out my previous posts.

Be sure to also follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with all the nail polish-y fun!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment