Sunday, September 15, 2019

Harry Potter Nail Art


Hey all!  Today's surprise second post features nail art that is an ode to Harry Potter.  (Which is one of my all time favorite book and movie series.)  My plan was to have this for Harry's birthday in July, but that didn't pan out - but better late than never!  Here are the polishes I picked to create this design with:

Sephora Formula X "Boiling Point," Pahlish "Gryffindor" and Bundle Monster Color "Straight Up Black."

First I used Pahlish's "Gryffindor" and Sephora Formula X's "Boiling Point" to paint the base color for the design.  I alternated nails and it looked like this:


Next I used a small nail art brush and "Boiling Point" to create the stripes.  This was followed by Bundle Monster Colors (now Maniology) "Straight Up Black" to create the other three designs.  The designs feature the Deathly Hallows, Harry's glasses, a Gryffindor scarf and Harry's scar.  Here's how it looked up close:


If you want to know more about Pahlish's "Gryffindor"or Sephora Formula X's "Boiling Point" then check out some of my previous posts.

Overall I love how this design turned out!  I think I will re-create this look in January when I go to Harry Potter World at Universal Studios in Florida!  (A birthday treat for myself!)

Be sure to follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with all things nail polish and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment