Thursday, September 27, 2018

Cactus Nails


Hi all and welcome to Friday eve!  (Seriously this has been a long week!) Today's nail art is my attempt at freehand cacti - and it didn't turn out so great so let's be kind.  First I needed to pick out some nail polishes for this design.  Here are the ones I selected:

OPI "Your Palapa Or Mine?, Orly "Coffee Break", OPI Exotic Birds Do Not Tweet", China Glaze's "I Just Canterlot" and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Heather Hustle."

I used China Glaze's "Eat, Pink & Be Merry" as the base coat.  (And totally forgot to include it in the bottle shot - whoops!)  Here's how it looked after two coats:


Next I used these nice dotting tools from Amazon to help me create the design:


After that I used all the other polishes to design various cacti and succulents.  (Or attempt to anyways.)  As you can see they turned out okay but definitely not the best looking cacti!


Overall this was a fun nail art attempt for my cacti and succulent loving self but there is definitely  room for improvement.  I'm still not sure how so many people have the gift of freehand design but I am certainly not one of them!

If you want to know more about OPI's "Your Palapa Or Mine?" or Orly's "Coffee Break" check out my previous posts!

Make sure you follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with all things nails!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment